Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wanderung

My husband's uncle celebrated his 50th Birthday by hiking with 30 people . . .



in the beautiful mountains of the Harz Area in Lower Saxony. 



We saw charming Architecture along the way... love the red flowers against the green details..


. . . and took time to have lunch and rest a bit in these lounge chairs watching wildlife pass by.. 


I had to capture this old fireplace. I especially like its tile-work. 



We kept walking... and then had the best Apple Strudel at this little mountain top cafe. . . 



where they sold garden owls! 



of course I wanted one... 


but they were too heavy to take along on our 11 Km hike.. 



so I took their info down for later.. 


Note to make a walk-way like this in my garden someday.. 


all the hills really made this cafe charming.. 




Here there was equality for all that are thirsty..



I am always amazed at the craftsmanship in Germany.. 


we saw one of these today.. a real one. . .



'A people that cannot nourish themselves is not worth being called a Nation.' 





The locals were getting a little crazy.. 




who wouldn't with this adorable bench as a shot glass holder?! 


it was nice.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment