Saturday, July 13, 2013

Aunt Em

This post is in honor of my dear Aunt Em whose life was taken by cancer last month.

 She loved all things lovely and kept a beautiful home filled with treasured artistic creations both she and others made. My interest in art and sketching stems from her and my grandfather's amazing artistic abilities. 

  



I thought long about what to sketch in her honor and ended up drawing things that interested me on a recent bike ride through Coral Gables. She was on my mind the whole time and inspired this post. I know she would have loved these charming homes. 





Aunt Em would understand better than anyone when I say I wish these sketches came out better. I have so much to improve upon, and artists are always their hardest critics, but I know she would be positive and encouraging of my work. 





We miss you, Aunt Em. We treasure everything that you taught us and the joy you brought to our lives. 




"If we again ask the question: 'Why does God allow suffering to continue?' and we look at the cross of Jesus, we still do not know what the answer is. However, we now know what the answer isn't. It cant't be that he doesn't love us. It can't be that he is indifferent or detached from our condition. God takes our misery and suffering so seriously that he was willing to take it on himself". 


-Tim Keller 





No comments:

Post a Comment